WITH A LITTLE HELP IN THE MORNING, YOU TOO CAN HAVE THAT "I WOKE UP LIKE THIS" ENERGY
So you’ve finally managed to get a good night’s rest, but how can we boost our energy up in the morning? What’s the point of being well rested if we don’t take advantage of it the next day?! Well we’ve got a few quick and easy tips to help you get out of bed in the AM after that glorious sleep you just had!
• SAY NO TO THE SNOOZE BUTTON: Waking up is hard, hitting the snooze button is easy but placing your phone far away from you that way you’re forced to get up when the alarm goes
off is badass.
• DRINK WATER: Now that you’re up, get yourself a tall glass of water to rehydrate your body. For added benefits go ahead and throw some lemon in there! Lemon water is a natural energizer that helps make your body feel revitalized and refreshed by hydrating and oxygenating it! It’s also good for boosting your metabolism and immune system.
• FIND THE LIGHT: Pull up your shades and seek out light as soon as you get up. Natural light is the best source but if you’re a New Yorker then you know having a few windows in your apartment is actually a luxury so if you can’t get that vitamin D the natural way then just simply turn on your lights - this will help to maintain your internal clock.
• GET MOVING: Exercising in the morning will help to revive your body in the AM, it doesn’t have to be anything too intense either, just doing some simple Yoga poses or stretches can help to wake the body up.
• EAT THE MOST IMPORTANT MEAL OF THE DAY: Make time for breakfast in the morning, especially one rich in high-proteins such as meat, seafood,eggs, and nuts. Eating protein in the morning gets converted into dopamine which helps to energize you!
• ALEXA, PLAY MY MORNING JAMS: If Beyonce’s “Flawless” (“I Woke Up Like This”) is not on your morning playlist then you need to stop reading this and add it immediately! It’s amazing how playing your favorite tunes in the morning can help get you going for the day!
• WRITE IN YOUR JOURNAL: Once you’re done dancing around in your undies to your favorite songs, take a moment to write down your intentions for the day to help give you some inspiration to conquer them. Even writing down a few things you’re grateful for such as simply waking up, can help you find purpose in your day.
• GOOD TO GLOW: Now that you’ve properly woken your body up and are feelin’ yourself for the day (yasss girl!) why not add a little more glow and take 2 capsules of our Good To Glow supplement which includes collagen to maintain your well-rested, younger looking skin throughout the day!
Go on girl, seize the day and get your glow on!