Happy Fourth of July LW babes! As you know we’re celebrating the holiday with our HERmerica Sale (20% everything until July 9) but apart from sharing this discount with you all we wanted to share one of our favorite smoothies to bounce back from indulging in all of the fun festivities!
Packed with immune boosters such as ginger, citrus fruits, turmeric and carrots, this refreshing post-holiday smoothie will have you feeling ready and on top of your game for the work week ahead!
Our citrus fruits of choice for this smoothie are oranges, tangerines and mandarines-all of which contain antioxidants, fiber, vitamin C as well as calcium and thiamin,which is not only necessary for keeping your skin, hair and eyes healthy but it also helps to convert carbs into energy.
If you partied a little too hard or are just feeling a little under the weather the ginger in this beverage will help to give your immune system a nice kick thanks to it’s antibacterial properties and the added benefits of carrots (contain antioxidants that fight free radicals, cell damage and inflammation) will help to revive dull skin and give you your glow back!
The real MVP of this smoothie though is the turmeric. Besides for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, it’s also a natural liver detoxifier and after a long weekend of BBQs and get togethers, we’re pretty sure a mild detox will be in order!
If you’re looking to enhance your smoothie even more we suggest adding any one of the following Love Wellness supplements: Perfect Condition Vitamin(breaks down yeast in the body & contains turmeric to reduce inflammation), Good To Glow (gives you a well rested glow courtesy of collagen & ashwaganda) and our Metabolove (formerly known as Lean Queen, this supplement will help to regulate your metabolism and boost energy.)
- 1 cup citrus fruit: oranges, tangerines, mandarines
- 1/2 large carrot cut into spears
- 1/2 frozen banana (optional,for sweetness and creaminess)
- Small piece of fresh ginger
- 1/8 - 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric (to taste)
- 1/2 - 1 cup water
- Love Wellness supplement of choice
- Add the citrus fruit, carrot spears, optional frozen banana, ginger, turmeric and supplement to blender. (Remember if you wish to add a supplement you must open the capsule and sprinkle contents inside.)
- Add water (start with 1/2 cup and add more as needed to keep the blender going) and blend until smooth.
(Photo by: Nyssa’s Kitchen )